Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Story Part I

I miss my electric kettle. It was stolen from a friend's car outside my work yesterday. It, along with my friend's purse and an over sized glass jug of rum was taken. Somewhere, someone is impersonating my poor friend while drunk on rum and tea. They should be easy to spot. How did my kettle end up in such an unfortunate circumstance? I'm glad you asked...
I wanted the big bottle of rum. Justice was buying and the small bottle was on sale for 14.99 where as the much much larger one was only 19.99. I think I've made my point. All of this rum was intended to be the star player in some hot buttered rum. How do you get the rum hot? Well that's where the kettle came in. I hauled all of this over to my buddy's house for our holiday party. Not wanting to be a party pooper I left my supplies for any guests who were still thirsty after I went home. Hence during its journey home to me my favorite kitchen staple was lost forever.
Why do you care about my less than sad story? And how could I possibly feel like the victim while my friend is now going to have to piece her life back together one ID at a time? Well, you don't. I don't blame you. I am only trying very hard to get to the point of this post. With hat in hand I am about to speak the words that no one in my immediate circle ever anticipated. So humbly and quietly but with no less vigor I would like to announce that I am no longer "vegan at home". I am now vegan everywhere.

2 comments:

Jenny Abbott said...

So...maybe I should take your dishes out of the back of my car....

Nicole said...

Good call :)